Noble, My Love 고결한 그대 Review

Noble, My Love 고결한 그대

Image result for noble my love

★★★

The 2015 Korean web drama, starring Sung Hoon as Lee Kang-Hoon and Kim Jae-Kyung as Cha Yoon-Seo.

Image result for noble my love

Brief summary: Cha Yoon-Seo is a humble veterinarian and Lee Kang-Hoon is a privileged CEO with a Gu Joon-Pyo mentality. The two cross paths and Kang-Hoon falls hard for her almost instantly. To help him avoid family-arranged dates, Kang-Hoon creates a contract to keep Yoon-Seo at his side as his acting-girlfriend. However, things spiral out of control when Yoon-Seo starts to return Kang-Hoon's feelings. 

Image result for noble my love

"Noble, My Love" was my first experience with a web drama. This web drama was a little different than my expectations. Although there were 20 episodes, a typical number for any Korean drama, each episode was about 15 minutes long. This means that the style was a bit fast-paced and without much development because the drama only had about 300 minutes. The acting and story was appreciable, but the style wasn't really that valuable to me. There was too little time to become emotionally attached. 

Image result for noble my love

It seems the one of the drama's highlights was Sung Hoon. I thought he was familiar, but I just couldn't put my finger on where I'd seen him before. I finally looked up his filmography in order to refresh my memory. I knew him for his antagonistic role in "Faith," or "The Great Doctor." It was nice to see him in a different genre and element. I think he helped "Noble, My Love" shine more than it would have with anyone else.

Image result for noble my love

"Noble, My Love" was pretty good for a web drama. Although the quick pace doesn't leave much for character and plot development, I still liked the acting and story idea. It's great for a quick fix of k-drama romance!

Comments